Fast Connectors Mechanical Splice Field-Terminated
FAST Connectors are factory pre-polished, field-installable connectors that completely eliminate the need for hand polishing in the field. Proven mechanical splice technology ensuring precision fiber alignment, a factory pre-cleaved fiber stub and a proprietary index-matching gel combine to offer an immediate low loss termination to either single-mode or multimode optical fibers. FAST Connectors are compatible with 250 μm and 900 μm optical fibers, as well as 900 μm, 2 mm and 3 mm cordage.
All primary fiber types are supported, and each connector is color coded per industry standard requirements to aide in identification during and after installation.A factory-installed wedge clip (included with each connector) is removed and discarded upon completion of the termination. Incorporated into this device is an innovative, translucent wedge enabling the use of a common VFI to provide a "pass/fail" signal once physical contact is achieved.
- Pre-stubbed, factory-polished ferrule
- Precision mechanical alignment ensures low loss
- 3.0 mm, 2.0 mm, and 900 μm boot provided with each connector
- VFI can be used to confirm fiber is installed properly
- Meets TIA/EIA 568C.3 performance requirements
- Meets TIA/EIA 604 (FoCIS) connector interface requirements
- Connections at the desk for LAN environments
- Direct equipment termination
- Repair/replacement requirements